Useful Tips to Crack TOEFL - IELTS
• Begin your test preparation at least two-three months before the exams. As reading skills give you good score points, start reading some popular novels, magazines, newspapers to get the feel of the language.
• Watching good English news channels and English movies can enhance your listening skills
• Practice writing essays on as many topics as possible and try to complete each of them in 30 minutes. The essays should be something relevant to deal with daily problems or questions
• You can get many good preparation books, guides and CR-ROMs in the market, which helps in your test preparation. Take reliable advice from the experts or resource centers in choosing the useful preparation materials
• Take as many mock tests as possible, so that you can improve your skills and get the idea about the test
• To score above 700 in verbal section you have to memorize the Barons vocabulary section. It can make you almost 90% of your vocabulary preparation
• You should never be panic, though you haven't improving your skills even after your preparation. You shouldn't ever leave any question unanswered. Though you don't know the answer for a particular question, make a clever guess and mark them
VOCABULARY - BASIC SKILLS NECESSARY
This section requires a strong college-level vocabulary. A strong vocabulary cannot be developed instantly. It grows over a long period of time spent reading widely and learning new words. Knowing the meanings of prefixes, suffixes, and roots will help you to derive word meanings on the test.
STRUCTURE AND WRITTEN EXPRESSION
The structure and written expression section includes two question types, Part A, Structure, and Part B, Written Expression. the Institutional adminstration typically lasts 25 minutes and contains approximately 40 question. -Ability Tested ...The grammar section of the TOEFL tests your ability to recognize formal written English. Many things that are acceptable in spoken English are not acceptable in formal written English. You must choose the most economical, mature, and correct way of stating each sentence in this section. -Basic Skills Necessary ...You need to know correct grammar well enough that an error will be immediately evident
-The listening comprehension section is always first in the examination andit is in three parts. It typically lasts 30 to 35 minutes and contains 50 question.
-This section tests your ability to understand and interpret spoken English.
-Basic Skills Necessary
It is necessary to have a good ear "ear" for English, which can only be obtained with a great deal of practice. You must be able to distinguish between words that sound similar and be able to comprehend entire sentences, not just single words or phrases.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR THE LISTENING
Besides the methods here, there is actually no way to "study" for listening comprehension. It is necessary to tune your ear to English Speak to native English speakers as often as
possible. Also you should
1.Watch news and weather reports on television or listen to them on the radio.
2.Make telephone calls to recorded messages such as weather reports, time of day, or movie theaters.
3.Attend lectures at your school or in your city.
4.Make use of the language laboratory if your school has one More
-You can take TOEFL once in a month.
- TOEFL score is valid for two years.
- You can request paper for writing section, but it may delay your score report.
- TOEFL may not be required by students of those countries whose native language is English
IELTS, International English Language Testing System
IELTS is an English Language Proficiency test that is required to be taken by non-native students for study in countries where the medium of instruction is English.
IELTS is accepted by universities in UK, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. It has become a mandatory test for study in Australia. You cannot be granted an Australian student visa without an IELTS score, TOEFL is not accepted. All other study destinations either require you to take the TOEFL or IELTS. IELTS is however not accepted by most universities in USA. In many Canadian Universities either of IELETS/TOEFL would work. IELTS is accepted by most Australian, British, Canadian and New Zealand academic institutions. American academic institutions are increasingly accepting IELTS for admissions purposes.
# IELTS assesses your English language ability. A good score (usually 6.0 and above) is an entry requirement for many colleges and universities worldwide.
# You can repeat the test as often as you like, but only at intervals of at least 90 days between test dates.
TOEFL IBT Test Practice
TOEFL Test Official Site
TOEFL listening test free
TOEFL vocabulary test
TOEFL exam online free
TOEFL grammar test